- All entries must be shot by uploader and must own the copyrights. Images shot by others or images found in the web are not eligible.
- Photos must be uploaded within the stipulated time period (contest dates will declared later). The photos may have been shot earlier, but need to be uploaded during the contest period.
- All entries should be under a free copyright license, or release it to the public domain. The preferred license used by the upload wizard is
- Photographs that are already on Commons (i.e., re-uploading is not allowed)
- As the images will be hosted on Wikimedia Commons, all entries must fall within Commons scope. Any that do not will be disqualified and may be deleted without notice.
- Images with watermark, timestamp or image credits on the picture itself or any other kind of editing which associates the image with the uploader are not eligible.
The judging the will be done by a panel of experienced Wikimedians, photographers and subject specialists, based of thumb rules of photography and as well as the community standards.
- A good photo has a good story to tell. [Attribution: Indian Institute of Photography]
- A good photo emphasizes on the chief elements, it focuses on the story’s main element. [Attribution: Indian Institute of Photography]
- A good photo removes all unnecessary distractions from the chief element, so that the latter is not out of the focus. [Attribution: Indian Institute of Photography]
- Potential usefulness and overall value of the image (including its licensing) to the Wikimedia projects.
- Technical quality – Image parameters such as focus, lighting, saturation, ISO etc. will be taken into consideration.